FAN SWAP EXPERIENCE DETAILS
Starting August 12 through August 22, racing fans will have the opportunity to bid on the following one-of-a-kind racing experience:
- “Swap” jobs with Waltrip in Cornelius, NC on Thursday, September 9
- An afternoon exploring the behind-the-scenes, inner workings of Michael Waltrip Racing
- Experience an exclusive tour of the new NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte on Thursday, September 9
- An exclusive tour of Showtime's “Inside NASCAR” studios with Waltrip, including lunch with Waltrip and driver David Reutimann
- A trip to Richmond, Va., the weekend of September 10 through 12 to become a member of the No. 00 Michael Waltrip Racing team
- Putting you as close to the action as possible, you'll have the opportunity to watch both races that weekend from inside the driver's pit area
- The “Fan Swap” auction experience also includes roundtrip airfare, Best Western hotel accommodations and transportation for the winner and a guest.
Then at a later date that is mutually agreed upon, Michael will come to your hometown and spend some time at your place of work!
A FEW THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The winner and guest must be over the age of 18 years. Both participants must fly from the same location.
- All portions of this Fan Swap experience are for two (2) people, except for when Michael Waltrip visits the winner's hometown. This portion is just for the auction winner.
- Airfare, transportation to and from the hotel, hotel accommodations, race tickets, and travel between Charlotte and Richmond are all included with this auction.
- Meals, spending money, taxes, gratuities, and all other incidentals are not included with this auction item and must be paid separately by the auction winner.
- Both participants in the Fan Swap experience will be required to sign a waiver with Best Western International, Inc. The two copies of the waiver will be emailed to the winner within three (3) business days from the end of the auction. The each participant will be required to complete their respective waiver within two (2) business days and fax it directly to Best Western International, Inc. Failure to complete and return the waiver will forfeit your auction item (the Fan Swap experience) and you will not receive a refund for your auction item payment.
TERMS OF THE AUCTIONS
Please review the following Disclaimers and Terms & Conditions of this auction. Your participation by placing a bid in this auction constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these details, disclaimers, and terms & conditions.
- AuctionJAM Inc, the auction management company, is performing an auction service on behalf of Best Western International, Inc.
- 100% of net proceeds from the sale of this auction will support the charity World Vision. The winning bidder will receive, in exchange for payment of the full bid price, the item described herein.
- All bids are a binding legal agreement that you will honor if you are the successful high bidder. All bids are final.
- Eligible bidders must be at least 18 years of age.
- The person participating in the "Fan Swap" experience must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the auction and hold a valid driver's license that is recognized in the United States of America. The guest of the participant must be 18 years of age or older. Both the participant and guest will be required to sign a waiver of liability and, where legal, a Publicity Release with Best Western International, Inc. prior to participating in any portion of the experience.
- All items are sold as is and where is. This auction does not include any items or services that are not detailed in the item description.
- The winning bidder agrees to pay their winning bid within three (3) business days of the close of the auction. Failure to complete payment in full for this auction within the specified time may carry additional penalties or costs including but not limited to loss of deposit, additional storage and/or handling fees, cost of recovery and/or legal fees. AuctionJAM reserves the right to void or cancel the winning bidder and offer the auction item to the next highest bidder if payment is not received during the time specified.
- Acceptable payment options include PayPal. All major credit cards are accepted through PayPal and you are not required to have a PayPal account yourself.
- AuctionJAM reserves the right to block a bidder for any reason including but not limited to, feedback, non-paying bidder, bid retractions, and recent bid history. While bidding is open to anyone, Best Western International, Inc., AuctionJAM, and Michael Waltrip Racing have the right to veto any bid for any reason. Please also note that if the winning bidder and/or participant in the “Fan Swap” experience works or is affiliated in any way with a direct competitor of Michael Waltrip Racing, the second portion of the “Fan Swap”, in which Michael Waltrip visits the Auction Winner's hometown and place of work, may be excluded at the sole discretion of Michael Waltrip Racing. Additionally, the employer of the Auction Winner may be required to sign a waiver of liability and Publicity Release with Best Western International, Inc., in order for Michal Waltrip to visit the Auction Winner's place of work. If Michael Waltrip is unable to visit due to such situations, the Auction Winner will not be refunded any portion of his/her payment and the full winning bid amount still applies.
- By placing a bid in this auction you indemnify, hold harmless and release AuctionJAM Inc, Best Western International, Inc., World Vision, the auction donors and sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, and their officers, directors, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of, resulting from or in any way connected with the auction item. Furthermore you fully release all parties associated with conducting this auction from any claim for personal injury, property damage, any loss and all costs sustained or incurred as a result of the use of the auction item or experience.
- The sale of the item is being made between the winning bidder and Best Western International, Inc.
- It is the bidder's responsibility to preview the item(s) and determine its condition, originality and content. While descriptions are believed to be accurate, neither AuctionJAM Inc, Best Western International, Inc., World Vision, the auction donors and sponsors, nor their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, members or contractors provide any warranties or guarantees, express or implied, as to the genuineness, authenticity or accuracy of condition, or defect, if any, of the item(s) to be auctioned and will not be held liable or responsible for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action in contract or tort, arising out of the purchase or use of any item (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), or any discrepancies or inaccuracies in item descriptions provided. AuctionJAM Inc, Best Western International, Inc., World Vision, nor any donor or auction sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, their respective employees, agents, members, subsidiaries, affiliates and representatives may not be held liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete or fraudulent bids or pre-qualification registrations; (ii) failure to receive bids or pre-qualification registrations due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient; (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this auction and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers"; (iv) any personal injury, property damage, or other loss or costs sustained or incurred by the buyer or any other person, resulting from the use of the auction item(s); and (v) failure for performance of any part of the Auction Item for any reason due to an act of God or conditions beyond control, including without limitation illness, emergency, or adverse weather.
- The Sponsor and its partners reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law against non-paying bidders or any individual who compromises the integrity and good will of this auction event by placing fraudulent bids or any type of activity that may be viewed to be harmful and detrimental to the outcome of this auction.
- Please note that due to the nature of high profile auctions, AuctionJAM has occasionally experienced attempted fraud through the use of second chance offers. If you are contacted by anyone other than an AuctionJAM representative about this item or items similar to this, please do not reply to any such correspondence.
- The tickets or in-person experiences may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests, other auctions and/or sweepstakes), or other commercial purposes. Such use will void the experience/tickets and no refunds will be issued.
- Winner should consult with his/her own tax advisors regarding whether payment of the winning bid may be tax deductible.
- Auction Item includes two (2) roundtrip coach airfare from any major Canadian or United States airport to a major airport near Charlotte, NC on or about September 8, 2010; hotel accommodations for two (2) people on September 8, 2010 at the Best Western Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites in Huntersville, NC; hotel accommodations for two (2) people on September 9, 10 and 11, 2010 at the Best Western Governors Inn in Richmond, VA; a tour of at Michael Waltrip Racing; tour of the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte; meet and greet with Michael Waltrip; travel to Richmond on September 10, 2010; two (2) admission tickets to Nationwide Series Race on September 10, 2010; two (2) admission tickets to Sprint Cup Series Race on September 11, 2010. In the event an Auction Winner's home is close to the selected destination, such that air transportation is deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be unnecessary, the applicable Auction Winner will not include air transportation from such Auction Winner's residence and no other substitution or compensation will be provided in lieu thereof. The Auction Winner must possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. All aspects of the travel portions of the Auction Winner must be conducted on such dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All travel must be completed on or about September 12, 2010. If the Auction Winner is unable to participate in the Auction Winner activities on these dates, then the Auction Item will be forfeited in its entirety. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor's sole discretion. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. The round trip air transportation element for the Auction Item begins and ends at the point of departure. Room taxes and other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Auction Winner, may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Auction Winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. The Auction Item restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Auction Winner described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the publicity and release and/or travel documents. In the event the Auction Winner engages in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Auction Winner home with no further compensation. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Auction Winner description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, gratuity or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Auction Winner. No cash alternative or Auction Item substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Auction Item(s) of comparable value if any Auction Item listed is unavailable for any reason. All travel arrangements and accommodations at the discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability.
Your participation by placing a bid in this auction constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms and conditions as well as all additional conditions which may be set out on additional pages associated with this auction.